Thursday, January 2, 2020

About to jump over the pond…


I’m Jack Becker 


















I’m Ian Cosic












And I’m Jackson Juska












The three of us are spending our winter working for Metal Shark Croatia in their new design office! We are all so excited about this international internship experience and on this blog, we will be sharing some of our work and adventures! We may try to post every Thursday night but, we may not. So far, we have an apartment in Rijeka, we booked a car for the two months, and we have all decided it will be an awesome winter. Hopefully we didn’t forget about anything important but only one way to find out…

Stay tuned for a fun winter đŸ˜‰

Favorite color?
o   Jack: Blue
o   Ian: Black
o   Jackson: The ocean during sunset
Favorite animal?
o   Jack: Shortfin Mako Shark
o   Ian: The Osprey
o   Jackson: Dolphin
Favorite type of ship?
o   Jack: Friendships (and Recreational Planning Boats)
o   Ian: Anything with more than one hull
o   Jackson: Friendship
What useless skills do you have?
o   Jack: I can touch my nose with my tongue
o   Ian: I can assemble a rocket motor with a scalpel and scotch tape
o   Jackson: I have memorized the entire “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” word for word
What three things would you like with you when we get deserted on a Croatian island?
o   Jack: A fishing rod, a lawn chair, and my anti sea bear circle
o   Ian: I'd want duct tape, a knife, and a flashlight
o   Jackson: Cross Weeks, Ben Hunt, and a sail
Where would you haunt if you were a ghost?
o   Jack: Shipwrecks off the coast of Florida
o   Ian: I'd haunt a bilge pump
o   Jackson: I’d rather watch over people in peace
If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
o   Jack: Fishing in some tropical area to try to get more fish for my tank.
o   Ian: People would assume I had stolen a sailboat and gone to the South Pacific
o   Jackson: Wear flip flops while driving (illegal in Spain)
Winter expectations?
o   Jack: While living in Croatia, I’m excited to get to know the locals and learn more about the Croatian culture! I’m also looking forward to traveling around Europe on the weekends!
o   Ian: While abroad, I'm hoping to see beyond tourist spots and learn about the culture in Eastern and Southern Europe. Living in another country is a learning opportunity in itself! After Croatia, I'm off to see the Arctic!
o   Jackson: I hope to make good friends, learn a lot, eat new foods, learn Croatian culture, and have some unforgettable adventures. Both working and living international will be such great experiences!

1 comment: